NaijaPrizes is owned and operated by NaijaPrizes LTD, UK and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 under registration number 10195159. It operates in accordance with this law and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and we can be contacted via out
All information regarding GDPR can be requested from
This notice sets out how we use the personal data we collect from you and how we ensure that your information is used only for the
purpose that we have made you aware of.
What information do we collect?
When you sign up on our website, we collect the following information from you;
- Contact information: names, email address, mobile number and post code
- Device information:We may collect information about your device type and browser as well as IP Address
- Social Media: Publicly available information collected from social media
We do not knowingly collect any information from children or anyone below the age of 18. We also do not collect any
information regarding philosophical beliefs, religion, political affiliations, health and biometric data or any information about
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data if;
- You sign up on our Website or Mobile App.
- You enter any of our competitions or offers.
- Interact with any of our services.
How do we use your data?
We only use the personal data you give to us in accordance with the law. The following are the ways we use your information;
- Poviding you with relevant information regarding our competitions and offers.
- To recognise you as a valid use on our Website§
- To monitor and prevent any breach to our terms and conditions.
- To generate reports for our internal use regarding the usage of our website.
- To communicate with you in the event of winning any of our competitions.
- To notify you when there are changes to any aspect of our services.
- To verify your location so we can provide the competitions available for your location.
Personal data disclosure
In accordance with the purposes set out in this privacy notice, we may share your data with third parties outlined below:
- Cloud Service Providers - Hosting, SMS, Email services, - Amazon, Google, Mailgun, Nexmo
- Partner companies sponsoring competitions on our Website
- Where we are legally required by law to provide data for regulatory purposes.
- Provision of data to third parties is with requirement that such data be treated in accordance
with the law. We only allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for purposes as specified in our instructions.
Some NaijaPrizes competitions have specific terms and conditions relating to how your data is used and it is
advisable to read and understand this information. If you have responded to NaijaPrizes competitions or offers
through third party partner site, it is possible that the third party may also hold your information and will be using it to provide you with offers.
Personal data of inactive users are routinely deleted from our system if such user are inactive for more than 24 months. We will however
retain details of your consent and privacy rights which includes any deletion request for privacy law compliance. Our retention process will
routinely be reviewed as appripriate.
Email and Notifications
When you consent to subscribing to our newsletter, we will send emails to notify you of our latest competitions and offers.
You may withdraw your consent to our newsletter by unsubscribing at any time using the following methods
Clicking the 'Unsubscribe link in the footer of our emails'
Click the Newsletter 'Subscribed' setting to off in your Member dashboard page of the website
Cookies and similar technologies are used to store pieces of information on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an app.
We make use of strictly necessary cookies which is essential for enabling you log on and use our site. We also make sure of Social media cookies
which allow you to log in or share content on our page on Facebook or Instagram.
IN accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we respect the your right to access
and control your personal data. You therefore have right to:
- Request access to your personal data - This right ensures that you have access to all your personal data that we hold
- Request amendment of your data - You have the right to request us to change any of your personal data that we hold. Some information
may require us to require verification before we effect the change.
- Deletion of data - You can request that your personal data held by us be removed completely from our system. Howwver,
if at the time of your request there is a legal reason for us to retain your information, we are duty bound to retain such data within
the specific timeframe that it is require for.
- Request transfer of data - You can request that your personal data be transferred to you or a third party
of your choice. We will endeavor to ensure that this is transferred in a structured, machine readable format. This will only apply for
information you gave us when you provided consent for us to hold your personal data.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. This privacy notice was updated on
13th March 2019